How to determine the BioSolveIT-HostID
Our software is license key protected. To generate your license, we need the Host-ID of the machine on which the software shall run.
In case of a server license, we need the Host-ID of the server machine and the name of the server machine, so the following steps have to be processed on the server machine.
There are several options to determine the Host-ID:
License menu (infiniSee/SeeSAR)
- Click on “Request license”
Directly on the start screen, if you don’t have a (temporary) key so far
or via the wheel icon in the main toolbar: “System > License”
- Choose “individual assistance” in the now open website and submit your machine ID.
System terminal/Commandline (all tools)
- Open a system terminal/commandline (Windows: cmd, Mac: Terminal)
- Change to the directory of the software executable
- Call the app with --license-info, e.g. “seesar --license-info” or “ftrees --license-info”
[Exception for PoseView: “poseview -i“]
- Send us the complete output of this call
FlexIDGen (all tools except PoseView)
You can use the tiny tool FlexIDGen that you will find under “additional material” on the FlexLM download page.
Simply execute it on your machine and send us the output of flexidgen. Please do not send us a screenshot or a picture, but copy and paste the output in your email to us.